Paediatric and Early Years First Aid (OFSTED recognised)(Certified)
The Worksafe Paediatric and Early Years course is designed for people who are working, or intend to work in the childcare sector. The programme has been designed to meet with the requirements of OFSTED for Early Years First Aid Provision. Additionally the programme meets with the recommendations of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 issued by the Health & Safety Executive for the ‘Appointed Person’.
WorkSafe Paediatric and Early Years First Aid includes resuscitation skills for Adults, Infants and Children.
Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Use of a defibrillator
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- Recognition of common childhood complaints and illnesses and appropriate care.
- Developing an effective emergency plan for when emergencies occur.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident in the workplace/care setting.
Successful candidates will be awarded a plastic qualification card on completion and they will receive a full colour A4 certificate awarded by WorkSafe Training Systems.