Fire Marshal/Warden Training
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 places a responsibility on all employers and business owners to provide employees with adequate fire safety training. Additionally article 18 of the order places a requirement for the Responsible Person to appoint one or more 'Competent Persons' to assist with fire safety and emergency evacuations in the event of fire.
Our course is approximately 4 hours and is designed to ensure the designated workplace fire warden or marshall has adequate knowledge to undertake their duties safely and effectively.
We cover :
The role of the fire marshal/warden
- Fire safety regulations and legislation
- Types and classifications of fire
- Common causes of fire in the workplace and identifying hazards
- Fire development, spread and travel
- Means of escape, protected escape routes and emergency lighting
- Evacuation procedures and checks
- Liaison with the Fire Service
- Use of extinguishers and fire blankets
- Record keeping
Courses are tailored to each workplace and individual needs. All students will receive a WorkSafe Fire Safety student training pack including the comprehensive Fire Safety reference manual.
** PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATIONS USING FIRE EXTINGUISHERS CAN BE ARRANGED **