Emergency First Aid at Work (Certified)
This one day course in Emergency First Aid Procedures is designed to give the participant a basic knowledge for providing first aid within the workplace.
The course follows the syllabus set by the Health & Safety Executive and is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for training of candidates in first aid for low risk environments.
The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Use of a defibrilator
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
Successful candidates will be awarded a plastic qualification card on completion and they will receive a full colour A4 certificate awarded by WorkSafe Training Systems.